Toronto Congress Centre, 650 Dixon Road, Toronto – Map
This Symposium will provide board and school teams with an opportunity to:
- reflect on the implementation and monitoring of the first year of the Renewed Mathematics Strategy (RMS);
- learn from the experiences of others across the province; and
- explore processes and structures in preparation for the 2017-2018 school year.
Key Objectives of the Renewed Mathematics Strategy:
- increased student achievement, well-being and engagement in mathematics;
- increased educator math knowledge and pedagogical expertise;
- increased leader use of knowledge of effective mathematics pedagogy to provide the necessary supports and conditions for school and system improvement;
- increased parent engagement in their children’s mathematics learning.
May 16 (8:00am – 3:30pm)
and May 17 (7:30am – 11:30am)
May 17 (12:30pm – 4:00pm)
and May 18 (8:00am – 3:00pm)
Board and school teams are encouraged to register for the same dates (Group 1 or Group 2) to enable better discussion and collaboration in support of your own context.
Dr. Christine Suurtamm
Associate Professor of Mathematics
University of Ottawa
Ontario Ministry of Education
Breakout Sessions: Provincial Sharing and Learning
Participants may select two breakout sessions to attend. As a part of the discussions in each breakout, participants will be encouraged to share ideas and key learning related to the implementation and monitoring of RMS key objectives and the integration of Ontario’s renewed goals for publicly funded education (Achieving Excellence, Ensuring Equity, Promoting Well-Being, Enhancing Public Confidence).
Click any session below for further information.
Participants will have the opportunity to engage with colleagues in like-roles from across the province to reflect together, and explore processes and structures in preparation for the 2017-2018 school year.