Fall 2017 RMS Virtual Learning Series
The Ontario Ministry of Education is offering a collection of Virtual Learning sessions taking place October 3rd, 2017 to January 11, 2018. You’ll find sessions for both elementary and secondary teachers, mathematics support roles, and system leaders.
In response to your identified learning needs, we are offering a broad range of topics. To help in making your selection, please consider the following:
- The area(s) of focus outlined in your board/school improvement plan;
- What you have identified as your most urgent student-learning needs.
All the sessions will take place within Adobe Connect, a web-based virtual conferencing system. (View system requirements).
Recordings of past Virtual Learning Series sessions are available here. The recording of each session will be available for online viewing on this website within two business days of the session date.
Registration access has been given to school board leaders to disperse at their discretion. See here for more information.
The following are the four key objectives of the RMS:
- increased student achievement, well-being and engagement in mathematics;
- increased educator math knowledge and pedagogical expertise;
- increased leader use of knowledge of effective mathematics pedagogy to provide the necessary supports and conditions for school and system improvement;
- increased parent engagement in their children’s mathematics learning.