Toronto Congress Centre – North Building
1020 Martin Grove Road, Toronto – Map
MISA Leaders Conference
The MISA Leaders Conference will provide an opportunity for MISA Leaders from across the province and ministry staff to come together to discuss and share practices that promote overall student achievement.
RMS Spring Symposium
The RMS Symposium will provide board and school teams with an opportunity to:
- reflect on the implementation and monitoring of the first year of the Renewed Mathematics Strategy (RMS);
- learn from the experiences of others across the province; and
- explore processes and structures in preparation for the 2017-2018 school year.
Key Objectives of the Renewed Mathematics Strategy:
- increased student achievement, well-being and engagement in mathematics;
- increased educator math knowledge and pedagogical expertise;
- increased leader use of knowledge of effective mathematics pedagogy to provide the necessary supports and conditions for school and system improvement;
- increased parent engagement in their children’s mathematics learning.
MISA Leaders Schedule
MISA Leaders are asked to register for a two day set consisting of the MISA Leaders Conference (May 17th, 2017) and the RMS Symposium (May 16th, 2017 or May 18th, 2017).
MISA Leaders are encouraged to register for the same dates as their Board teams to enable better discussion and collaboration in support of your own context. More details to come!
Dr. Christine Suurtamm
Professor of Mathematics Education
University of Ottawa
Ontario Ministry of Education
Breakout Sessions: Provincial Sharing and Learning
Participants may select breakout sessions to attend. As a part of the discussions in each breakout, participants will be encouraged to share ideas and key learning related to the implementation and monitoring of RMS key objectives and the integration of Ontario’s renewed goals for publicly funded education (Achieving Excellence, Ensuring Equity, Promoting Well-Being, Enhancing Public Confidence).
Click any session below for further information.
MISA Leaders Breakout Session:
RMS Breakout Sessions:
Participants will have the opportunity to engage with colleagues in like-roles from across the province to reflect together, and explore processes and structures in preparation for the 2017-2018 school year.
Accommodation is available at a special group booking rate for the RMS Spring Symposium at the Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport (3311 Caroga Drive, Mississauga, ON) at the rate of $169 per night until April 24th, 2017. Please click here to make your reservation, or contact the hotel at 1-888-844-5038 quoting the Group Name “RMS Intensive” with Group Code “V43”.