The 2017 RMS Spring Symposium was held on May 16th-18th, 2017, and provided board and school teams with an opportunity to:
- reflect on the implementation and monitoring of the first year of the Renewed Mathematics Strategy (RMS);
- learn from the experiences of others across the province; and
- explore processes and structures in preparation for the 2017-2018 school year.
Key Objectives of the Renewed Mathematics Strategy:
- increased student achievement, well-being and engagement in mathematics;
- increased educator math knowledge and pedagogical expertise;
- increased leader use of knowledge of effective mathematics pedagogy to provide the necessary supports and conditions for school and system improvement;
- increased parent engagement in their children’s mathematics learning.
Ontario Ministry of Education
Breakout and Like Role Sessions: Provincial Sharing and Learning
As part of the discussions in each breakout sessions, several schools and school boards shared video stories outlining their ideas and key learnings related to their first year of implementation and monitoring of the Renewed Mathematics Strategies.
Breakout Session Resources:
- Supporting Students with Learning Disabilities
- Equitable and Inclusive Practices
- Impact of Math Lead Teachers and Facilitators/Coaches
- Supporting Secondary Schools
- Supporting Primary Years (K-3)
- Strengthening Math Assessment Practices
- Math Knowledge for Leading
- Monitoring for Evidence of Impact
- Using Technology to Inspire Deeper Learning of Mathematics
- Building Partnerships with Parents and Caregivers
Like-Role Session Resources: