Integrating the Teaching and Learning of Mathematics & Technological Education for the Highly Skilled Workforce
By integrating content from Grade 9 or 10 technological education and mathematics courses, TechnoMath creates an engaging and relevant experience for students that supports recommendations of the Premier’s Highly Skilled Workforce Expert Panel, in Building the Workforce of Tomorrow: A Shared Responsibility.
TechnoMath creates cross-curricular connections between Grade 9 or 10 technological education and mathematics by co-delivering them in the following ways:
- The course type sections are taught using an integrated approach over two periods or two blocks – students remain in the same cohort for both the technological education and the math periods/blocks; or,
- The course type sections are co-taught during the same double period.
Please find resources, examples, and recommendations from each school team taking part in Year 1 of TechnoMath below:
- Centre Wellington DHS – UGDSB – MFM2P & TMJ2O
- Collingwood CI – SCDSB – MFM2P & TCJ2O
- CW Jeffreys CI – TDSB – MFM2P & TCJ2O
- Ernestown SS – LDSB – MFM2P & TCJ2O
- Glebe CI – OCDSB – MFM1P & TIJ1O
- North Lambton SS – LKDSB – MFM2P & TMJ2O
- Saltfleet DHS – HWDSB – MFM2P & THJ2O
Find more online at #TechnoMathEDU!